And no, I'm not talking about facial wrinkles - although between the 6 of us seniors we do have just a few of those! I'm talking about a transportation strike wrinkle!! The French LOVE a strike so I guess we should be embracing the upcoming strike action as part of the "true" French experience! Last week it was announced that there would be a one day transit strike on Sept. 10, and a one day nationwide strike on Sept. 18, backed by France's eight major unions...and if anybody loves a strike it is SNCF (the French national train company) so I'm pretty sure they will participate. This announcement has left us all scrambling a bit. John and Babette were set to arrive in Paris on Sept. 10, and we have already purchased train tickets for travel between Bordeaux and Dinan on Sept. 18. One good thing about French strikes, they are required by law to announce exactly who will be striking 24 hours ahead of the called strike. So far, we have heard talk of...
Come along as we visit western France!


Comments
Post a Comment